"Star Goddess Doll"
Stamp Artist - Victoria Banaszak
- Goddess with star tummy stamp:
After Midnight Art Stamps
- Black Fabrico inkpad
- Fabrico Markers
- Assorted fibers
- Cotton fabric
- Dye-na-flow exciter pack
- Fabric glue
- 3 colored rhinestones
- Celestial charm
- Strong thread
- Plastic wrap to protect surface
- Container of water
- 1. Place a sheet of plastic wrap on table.
- 2. Soak the fabric in water and wring out. Hand press it flat on
- 3. Put drops of the dyn-na-flow in small containers. Add a few drops of water to thin it out and use a wet paintbrush to apply to fabric.
- 4. Stamp goddess doll on fabric using fabrico ink pad in
- 5. Use Fabrico markers to color in some of the
design but not all. You want the Dyn-na-flow to show
- 6. Fold fabric in half and cut around image
leaving about 3/8 inch of extra fabric around edges. Hand
stitch around the outer edges.
- 7. Using an exacto knife, start a hole in the center of the doll and finish with scissors.
- 8. Stuff doll using a skewer to push the
stuffing in until full. Do the head and arms first.
- 9. Gather a bunch of fibers and tie them in a knot. Put
the knot between the front and back of the fabric.
- 10. Stuff the head and arms and breasts and stitch across
the breast area to make it puffy. Do the same for the
legs. Run a line of stitching between the legs.
- 11. Leave the stomach area for last, as you will need to
stitch small areas and stuff them as you go. I went
back around the stomach area with a red embroidery
floss and used a satin stitch.
- 12. Run some fibers through the satin stitch and attach a celestial charm.
- 13. Put a dot of fabric glue on the necklace and bracelets and
attach the rhinestones.